Thursday, January 12, 2006

End is Near, but Memories Unfold

Well, it has been a few days shy of a month since I have had to worry about homework, and it seems like it will be a little while longer until I see that day. The joys of having a relaxing last semester of my college career. Now this is not totally knocking out the possibility of post-undergrad institutions, but for at least now I will choose to steer clear of them. Since I now have all of this free time, I have the proper amount of time to wallow in my sorrows and crippling fear of post-graduation world.

Morningside will always be a place of High Schoolers that finally learn how to grow-up. It is really not the students or faculty's fault, it is a difference of the intentions and reality that the institution provides. But this is something that I have been able to look past. It is not my fault that some people need some time to grow, in fact it took myself a while to do that. Without this place, I don't think I would be where I am today (to this date I am debating whether this is a good thing or a bad thing). There are things that I will miss from this place, and like all times I will have regrets for the actions that I happened to put into motion or failed to do so. If this was my real journal I would write them down, but that is a little personal for a blog that is for all to see. Instead I will write them down and square it away with all of the other things that I push away and occasionally bring out for nostalgic reasons.

Speaking of taking out bits and pieces of the past out, I did just that this past Christmas break. The pack rat in my has allowed for a multitude of boxes to build up in the small area that I call my room at my parent's house. I was parusing through one of them and stumbled on a box that I had recently packed away after my freshman year of college. Dear God, is it bad that I referenced recent and freshman year? Nevermind. But after pulling out this box and fumbling through the contents, I stumbled upon a football program from that year. There were a whole slue of name that I barely remember, but faces and instances that I will never forget. I feel cheesy talking about freshman football that way, but it really was like a line from Goodfellas "it was when I met the world". Which is true for the most part, but for now that is it for the trip down memory lane.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice cover on the whole "recent" and "freshman" correlation... you know I would have picked up on it.

I'm glad to hear that you're taking a "trip down memory lane." I think it's really good to remind ourselves of where we came from and how we have been shaped by things. Especially with you getting ready to graduate, it adds a nice feeling of closure (cheesy-sounding I know, but fully necessary in this instance).

I don't blame you for not wanting to share all of your regrets through your public blog (although, the fact that you are keeping them a secret makes me want to know them more... oh well).

I wish you luck in your oh-so-tough final semester at Morningside High.

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I guess by now you know me well enough that I get guilted into doing things easily-- good move.

1/15/2006 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home